Professional and even amateur sports (except chess) always mean increased risk of getting injured. Table tennis is considered to be a relatively safe sport but tennis players regularly become patients of trauma facilities. While playing table tennis, players experience enormous physical overloads. They move rapidly around the game zone and make sudden stops. Both beginners and professional players sustain injuries. Table tennis insurance issued online on SPORT.INSURE allows you to protect yourself from financial losses as it takes on your expenses in the event of an insurance case and saves your time and money.
Table tennis is sport, fun and health
The game’s origins date back to 19th century. Today, table tennis is an Olympic sport. In 2017 the number of ping-pong fans has reached a record of 800 million people.
The main goal of a table tennis player is to perform a correct serve and not allow the opponent to parry the ball. The game is played on a table, divided into two halves with a net in the middle. Athletes use small wooden rackets to hit a small ball (4 cm in diameter).
Significance of sports insurance in table tennis
Professional tennis players are not allowed to participate in training sessions and competitions without having purchased accident insurance. The necessity of an insurance policy is dictated by the law.
Coaches, who work in sports schools and clubs, strictly recommend even amateur players to register insurance policies. Insurance for table tennis training sessions and competitions can be issued within several minutes on SPORT.INSURE. You just have to calculate the price of your insurance policy, fill out a special form and make payment.
The most common injuries in table tennis
There is a list of occupational injuries in table tennis, which includes the following:
- Meniscus and knee injuries;
- Sprains and torn ligaments;
Meniscus injuries are the most common knee injuries in table tennis. Arthroscopic surgery may cost up to 30 000 rub. If such an insurance case occurs, this amount can be defrayed in whole or in part, depending on the sum insured and the type of insurance.
Depending on the type of policy, you can expect insurance compensations in the following cases:
- Short- or long-term disability.
- Permanent disability.
- Critical diseases and surgery.
- Bone fractures, sprains, bruises, etc.
Types of health insurance
- Compulsory health insurance provides the citizens of the Russian Federation with free medical care.
- Voluntary health insurance defrays the expenses needed for receiving treatment in medical institutions that provide medical services on a fee basis. Such insurance can be valid through the period of sports competitions.
- Accident insurance. Table tennis insurance guarantees money compensations in case of sustaining injuries during training sessions or tournaments.
- Travel insurance is sports insurance needed for participation in competitions that take place in foreign countries. The insurer pays out compensations needed to cover the costs of treatment provided abroad.